Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Ups and Downs of Life

As I mentioned previously I have been making a lot of changes in my life and I have been really excited about them. Now that the novelty has faded I have to admit to a little discouragement. I started my new job as a "sandwich artist" and it is draining in a totally different way from teaching school. I think the thing I miss the most is making a difference in kids lives. I guess I am kind of making a difference in other people's lives by making their lunch.... (it should be noted that I am saying this facetiously) Since I haven't started my own schooling yet, I am having a difficult time with seeing past the now. I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it when I can work and go to school and perhaps see the degree at the end of the tunnel.

One thing that keeps me grounded and optimistic is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I was feeling kinda down yesterday and was really looking for something to get me out of this funk. That's why I love Sundays. It just seemed like everything I heard at church today was meant for me to hear. The lessons, the speakers, the comments people were making, it all made me feel like myself again. I also came across this quote today in my browsing:

After the rain stopped this afternoon I drove to my parent's house for dinner and as I was driving on the freeway I couldn't help but look at the amazing mountains that surround the valley and how beautiful they were with the green trees and snow capped tops. I am so thankful that I am still able to look around at this place I have lived for 30 years and still see it's beauty. I am also thankful to a loving Heavenly Father who knows just what I need and despite my faults still helps me. Did I mention that I love Sundays?

2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

I LOVE YOU MORE THAN LIFE!

Unknown said...

Did I mention I LOVE you! Plus If you give people extra olives and green peppers, you can really make their day! Call me next time you have a bad day!!