Monday, January 21, 2008

Men may be delusional, but girls are seriously crazy!

I come to you with tales of yet another girl's night. The night in general was filled with the usual activities; guilt-free fattening foods, virgin margaritas, and girl talk. A new game that I was introduced to is called "Marry, Kiss, Kill." The game is almost exactly as it sounds. Each person takes a turn and names three boys that everyone knows. From those three you have to determine who you would marry, kiss, and kill. The best rounds of the game are the ones that are not simply writing your answer down but force you to make difficult decisions. Admittedly this is sometimes not a nice game, and it requires a great deal of honesty. I have a reputation for honesty so this should have been an easy game for me. However, the problem came on Sunday when, as I passed people in the hall at church, I found myself trying to remember if I had decided to marry, kiss, or kill them. Not exactly the things that I needed to be thinking on the Sabbath.

Rose brought an article that had been emailed to her about the dangers of having friendships with members of the opposite sex. She brought it with the intention of relating to me, but as soon as the topic came up Laura became extremely defensive. (I apparently was oblivious, Rose had to point it out to me later) I knew the article was for me because Rose had mentioned it earlier in the day and I wanted to hear about it but we decided to move on to more important things, like playing a card game that is much like tarot cards and predicts who you will marry.

One of the girls, Laura, doesn not actually hang out with us a lot so I was a little surprised to see her there. As the night progressed Laura's objective for attending became obvious, but first there is some back story. My roommate just moved from Salt Lake to St. George yesterday and last weekend some of her friends threw her a goodbye party which I of course attended. My BFF Rose was sitting on a couch with a boy that both of us are quite fond of. They were innocently chatting, (and I should mention that this boy, Rick, initiated the conversation) when Laura gets all defensive that someone is talking to "her man" and actually threatens to start a fight. Grow up! Rick is not dating Laura, nor does he have any intention of doing so. Rose has interest but is waiting to see how things pan out. So back to girl's night, Laura tells the story of how close she and Rick are and how she will love him forever and then states that "he is off limits to everyone." Not too long after that she left girl's night to go be with boys. She managed to stay long enough to mark her territory and leave. Girls like her are crazy!!

No comments: