Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Resigned to Reality

Sometimes people aren't always smart. Say for example, me. So I lost my phone Saturday and couldn't figure out where it was since I hadn't really gone anywhere. Luckily at 3:30 a.m. on Sunday/Monday I sat bolt upright in bed because I realized it might be on the front lawn. I jumped out of bed and went to look and indeed there was my phone, sitting on the front lawn. Chilled, a little damp, but otherwise intact. Now here comes the stupid part. I also went out to my car to retrieve something from the front seat. Things get fuzzy here but I was almost positive that I locked the car before going back in to go to sleep. Whilst getting into my car the next morning to go to work I noticed that everything that had once been in my center console was now strewn across the driver's seat. The door was (still?) locked so I unlocked it and realized that someone had indeed rifled through my car. My change drawer, which I never open, was still wide open and all the coins in my cup holder were gone. It suddenly dawned on me that the day before since I was wearing a skirt that did not have pockets, that I had unintentionally left my wallet IN MY CAR. Yep, that's right the thief took my wallet which happened to include a large portion of money, my driver's license and a couple other valuable things. It also occured to me only today that my entire CD collection is also missing. Sixteen years of gathering what I consider to be a very fine music collection is now gonzo. 536 of some of my most precious possessions just disappeared. Honestly I should be the most upset about the money because I will never get it back. But strangely enough I have been the most devastated by the loss of my CD's. I have resigned myself to the fact that not only am I now broke for the next 18 days, but I will have to start all over again, building a collection ver near and dear to my heart. Some of those CD's were signed by the band members! Dang it.

No comments: