Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cheers and Jeers for 2009

  • Cheers to Hulu for bringing my favorite shows to the internet for free including Doogie Howser, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Stargate, Sliders and numerous others!
  • Jeers to whomever broke into my care and stole my extensive CD collection. You suck
  • Cheers to the new principal at my school for having a sense of humor about one of my especially difficult students.
  • Jeers to the Taco Bell near my parent's house that charges me $1.49 for a chicken burrito that costs me only $0.89 near my house.
  • Cheers to the delicious new recipes I discovered this year including a cheese and cracker dip and chocolate truffle cake.
  • Jeers to media oversaturation on things such as Tiger Woods, Jon & Kate, Michael Jackson's death, and Twilight.
  • Cheers to NPR for their program "All Songs Considered" some of my favorite new music has come from them.
  • Jeers to ABC for cancelling Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone, and Defying Gravity. Although half a cheer to ABC for at least resolving Eli Stone in a somewhat satisfying manor. And double jeers for leaving Defying Gravity on the biggest cliffhanger ever.
  • Cheers to the people who fed my obsession for the color purple and pomegranates.
  • Jeers to overused adolescent slang such as "sick" and "tight."
  • Cheers to my friend Joey who helped me do some major repairs on my car this year, especially since I paid him in cheesecake and hugs.
  • Jeers to the parents of children at my school that hear me ask the kids NOT to use the automatic handicap doors then walk past me and use them.
  • Cheers to some awesome movies this year. At the top of the list was Star Trek!
  • Jeers to any network that only puts clips instead of streaming full episodes online. Namely CBS for The Big Bang Theory and ABC for Eastwick.
  • Cheers to my new ecclisastic leader who made an exception for me and lets me attend his congregation despite the fact the my geographical location would normally prohibit me.
  • And finally cheers to the people who put up with me this year and stuck around for the new year.

No comments: