Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Evolution

I would like to discuss for a moment, evolution. Not in the "did we descend from monkeys" kind or even my favorite "music's evolution through the ages" kind. No, instead I speak of relationships. I foolishly thought that as I matured and so did the people around me, that relationships would be easier. Man was I wrong! Even at 29 and 3/4 of age, dating still makes me feel like an angsty teenager. Instead there is a whole NEW level of worries. Instead of the normal worries about making a good impression I now have the added worry of not scaring someone. At this point in my life I know what things are important to me in a mate and have to admit that I am getting a little impatient. I want to meet someone and fast forward to the part where we both know each other well enough that it would be "easy" to tell if the relationship has lasting power. So I have to reign in my natural tendency to leap before I look, to spill everything about me all at once and allow things to progress at a more "normal" pace. It would be great if there was some kind of scientific formula. Just think about how great that would be! It would look something like this:

Age of Male + Age of Female divided by 2, multiply Male's longest relationship + Female's longest relationship (in months) divided by the median of how many children the two want.


The end number would be a relationship score, kind of like a credit score and the higher the number the more positive the outcome. So maybe I have oversimplified and taken some liberties but at the moment I am feeling pretty frustrated. I would love to think up a formula for first contact to dating to marriage timeline, but I am all thought out right now.

No comments: