Monday, January 31, 2011

Only If it is an Even Numbered Tuesday

I am a foodie. I take great joy in eating and have to be very careful that I don't just eat because things taste good. I have been trying to train my brain to remember that this will not be the last time I will ever taste whatever it is I am eating and so it is okay to not finish everything in front of me. I blame part of this on being told as a child that I had to eat everything on my plate before I could get down from the table. I took everything literally and it just stuck. Like the time I buttered my dad's toast for him and he told me to make sure I got butter in all the corners and so I quite literally made sure that every millmeter of that toast had butter on it. From that day forward I have been diligent about toast buttering. I was an impressionable child apparently. So when someone asks me about my favorite restaurant or my favorite food, as a foodie this is a severly complicated question.

It all starts and ends with meat. As I often say, "A meal without meat just isn't complete." I categorize my favorites by what I will eat there and then by price. So as succinctly as possible here it is:

Burgers:
TGIF - Cheesy Bacon Cheeseburger with a side of Jack Daniel's sauce
Five Guys - Bacon Cheese with mushrooms, pickles, and tomatoes
Carl's Jr. - Western Bacon Cheeseburger

Chinese Food:
Asian Star - Tangerine Beef, Pork and Snow peas, Pon pon chicken
Dragon Diner - Mongolian Beef, Shrimp with Lobster sauce
New Flavor - Sesame Chicken
Chinese Gourmet
Panda Express - Walnut Shrimp, Orange chicken

Greek:
Mad Greek - Gyro with white sauce and tomatoes
Crown Burger - ditto

Japanese:
Simply Sushi
Oh Sushi

Thai:
Sawadee - Massaman curry
Curry in a Hurry - ditto


Mexican (sort of):
Cafe Rio - Pork quesdilla
Taco Bell - Chicken burrito
Molcasalsa - Horchata

Miscellaneous:
Wingers - Wings with Ranch dip
Papa Murphy's - Thin crust Chicken bacon artichoke
Red Lobster - seafood is delicious, cheese biscuits
Olive Garden - Steak Gorgonzola pasta

Ugh. I am making myself sick just thinking about all this food. So in response to someone's question about favorite food it will depend on what mood I am in. Unless it is an even numbered Tuesday and then the answer will always be roadkill.

No comments: