Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's a good thing that some people don't know any of the songs from "Wicked".

I have a very fashionable friend who has gradually been trying to get me to be more feminine. I do have the key elements of femininity; breasts, ovaries and....... okay maybe that's it. I like cars, college football and action movies. I have had people question me more than once and claim that I am just trying to fit in or some other ridiculous nonsense like that. I have even had my sexuality questioned because of these things and the fact that I am not married. I am not sure where these traits come from since my father is not necessarily the picture of masculinity. He is not a big burly man that oozes testosterone which would cause me as the eldest to absorb some of this. I don't even have older brothers or favorite uncles from which I gleaned my masculinity either.

The point being my fashion forward friend Marissa, who recently acquired a job at Macy's department store, has decided to make me her pet project. She started slowly almost so that I didn't notice. One day she asked if she could play with my hair and I acquiesced. Then she wanted to put some makeup on me before we got out of the car. Next she actually sat me down to do full makeup and hair. Finally this last Tuesday, she made me go shopping with her. For 2 hours I let her dress me up the whole time wondering when she was going to break into the song "Popular" from the musical Wicked. Luckily for me she doesn't know the song because I am positive if she had known there would have been singing in the dressing room.

Sigh. I guess the evolution is inevitable if I want to find a mate in this lifetime.

No comments: