Saturday, July 19, 2008

Songs That Must Go

"Nine in the Afternoon" by Panic! At the Disco is another recent release that has been played so often that no matter what radio station I switch the dial to I am bound to hear it. I like Panic! At the Disco and I actually have the album, but I cannot stand to listen to this song anymore!

"Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis. I actually had a sort of fondness for this song when it first came out, but again corporate radio has overplayed it death. It even bothers me when I hear it in upbeat mixes. Instead of "keep bleeding love" I would love it if this song would bleed itself dry already.

"Red, Red Wine" by UB40 This song drives me absolutely bonkers. I literally grind my teeth when I hear it. It makes me want to throw things. I have no explanation other than that. It should be called "Red, Red Whine"

"Jane Says" by Jane's Addiction My favorite radio station has a host that ALWAYS plays this song. I actually like Jane's Addiction but I cannot stand to hear this song because of how overplayed it is.

"Sex and Candy" by Marcy Playground Besides the fact that I hate the words to this song, there is just something about the whiny lackadaisical melody that just puts me on edge.

"Laffy Taffy" by D4L The entire song consists of some idiot saying Laffy Taffy for 3 minutes and 44 seconds. It's maddeningly mundane and for some reason it was a big hit.

"How Do I Live" by Leann Rimes I already have issue with most country music but the fact that when she sings this it sounds like she is saying, "how do I leave without you" drives me absolutely insane. English is her first language but you wouldn't know it from listening to her. Diction, people!

"Amber" by 311 I happened to really enjoy 311 but this is another song I just cannot listen to.

Anything Aaron Neville sings. That man's vibrato is just unnatural! A natural vibrato does not fluctuate a step and a half.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to all the above. Especailly how do i live. just reading the title made the song stick in my head. AHHHH!!!

Unknown said...

post something else so I can read it!!