Sunday, October 5, 2008

Klutzy Me

Every once in a while I have an awkward phase and this weekend was hopefully the beginning and end of my next one. Friday night I was at the Gateway with some friends and needed to go back up the escalator to get validation from a movie theater. For some reason the escalator was at a standstill and therefore became just stairs. I was a little distracted because I was texting someone and ended up falling UP the escalator. All I can say is ouch. I now have evenly spaced puncture marks and welts on my right leg. Luckily my pants didn't tear but I still managed to bleed. My next moment came Saturday night when I was coming home from a bridal shower at a friends. I was headed down the stairs of my house to my bedroom when I slipped on a rug and ended up tumbling down the stairs. So now to go along with the wounds on my right side I have a swollen left ankle AND a swollen left knee. I am in a fair amount of pain. OH, and to top it all off I change my contacts out at the beginning of each month, well Saturday my right eye was bugging me. So I took out my contact and discovered a massive tear, the problem is that it was my LAST contact and I haven't ordered any yet because I thought I still had another 26 days to go before I needed any. So now I am wearing my glasses which I had taken apart to fix and now can't put back together. Instead of a screw my glasses are now held together by a safety pin. Classy!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I go through phases too. I can feel your pain with the contacts too. I thought I had a box left so i tossed a pair because I was lazy. After scrounging around I randomly found a pair. Then they tore (mine never tear) so I wore glasses for a month. I hate glasses. hang in there