Sunday, February 14, 2010

Things Remembered

A trip down memory lane was inevitable with my birthday coming up especially since it is my last birthday in my twenties. Here are a few things I don't want to forget:

  • Glowworms! I loved that thing when I was a kid.

  • Rainbow Bright, who ended up being used by the neighborhood kids as a fun thing to run over with their car.


  • Slap bracelets, back when they were made of metal and could really hurt!

  • Jelly shoes, the down side to them was if it was hot and your feet sweat, your feet would then slide around in them.

  • Sewing classes where I learned all I needed to know to make my own pillowcases.


  • The awful black and brown carpet in the kitchen of my childhood home.


  • Climbing on the top of the dog house to get on the roof when I wasn't supposed to!


  • My fear of grapefruit knives after nearly slicing off my middle finger while trying to eat some grapes.


  • The first time I saw my baby brother. I remember thinking that he was the fattest baby I had ever seen.


  • My parents waterbed. Why did people ever think those were comfortable?


  • Mazes in the backyard. My dad used to let the grass grow long and then use the lawnmower to carve mazes in the grass.


  • Homemade music videos. I have a very vivid memory of my sister and I with the two boys next door making a music video complete with "plot" to the song "Blackcat" by Janet Jackson.


  • Hiding things in the drop-down ceiling of my bedroom.


  • Sharing a room with my sister that also doubled as the laundry room and a bathroom. It was a big room, but interesting as far as functionality.


  • Driving the forklift when I was 12. Man that was scary!!


  • Camping with the family in Yellowstone. This was also the trip that my Oma told me she had a dream about Pierce Brosnan and that "he was a good kisser." TMI!!!


  • Driving through farmland on a trip and yelling "Beef Jerky" at the cows as we passed.


  • Chuck-a-rama every year with the extended family for my Opa's birthday. He loved that place.


  • Climbing the wall behind the house to pick cherries off the neighbor's tree.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hated that waterbed!!