Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pet Peeves

My dad and I were talking the other day about our pet peeves so I decided to make a list. Hope it's not too long or unreasonable!

  • Time leftover on the microwave. If you don't use it all, zero it out.
  • People, especially women, who ask if I am crabby because of "women problems." It's offensive and downright rude. Perhaps I am just having a bad day.
  • Dry hands, feet and elbows. Mostly on me, but occasionally on other people.
  • People who try and argue with me about things that are totally opinion based and therefore can have no winner. I won't argue with you, I accept that you have a different opinion, please return the favor. (Ex. sports teams, movies, music, etc.)
  • The mocking of my penchant for radio stations that don't pander to or assume that people are dumb. When did intelligence become a bad thing?
  • Bad spelling. I don't claim to be great, but I know how to use spell check. A recent example was the dating profile I was looking at that proclaimed the guy to be a "knight in shinning armor." Shinning! Sorry, I will hold out for shining armor, not armor meant for the lower legs.

No comments: