Friday, July 8, 2011

Age Is Not a Decider

I am now 30 and just admitting that is weird. It seems such a silly thing to cause re-evaluation, but going from 20's to 30's has helped me make some changes in my life. I have become more aware of my behavior, wondering if the reason people don't think I am 30 is because of my youthful complexion or something else. It's possible that my Fraggle Rock and Ghostbusters t-shirts don't make people look at me and think, mature adult. I am, I promise! (Try saying that in a whiny voice, it helps) I also get really excited about small things. But I don't think this is a sign of immaturity, which I think it is often perceived as. Part of my self discovery has been that I am just excited about life. I like quiet reflection while watching the clouds drift overhead, but I can get happy and giddy when people tell me something that they are excited about. It may make me seem young and naive, but I just have a passion for life. And now I am seeking someone who can either enjoy that part of me or share it, no matter how old.

No comments: