Saturday, July 9, 2011

Yes, I'm Short

I know that I am short. It's not something that has recently become apparent to me, it's just become more inconvenient. At my newish job making sandwiches, there are many topping options, this necessitates a counter that is three "cambros" deep. For the most part my height is not a hindrance when the topping containers are full. However when olives or spinach, which are at the back, get low I have to lean pretty far over and try not to lay on the sandwich in front of me. Then of course there are the cups and lids which are on shelves in the stockroom that are nowhere near where I can reach them. The guys that I work with kind of enjoy tormenting me, unless I bring my chocolate chocolate chip cookies. I am short, not that I mind. The only time I mind is when I stand with my siblings. I am the oldest AND the shortest. Genetics, what's not to love?

No comments: