Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cute? Think Again.

Women throw around the word "cute" a lot. Probably more than we should. It's one of those words that is so overused that it starts to lose it's meaning. So we transition to stronger words like "hot", "dope" or "sick." One of my friends recently got a new car and was told by all the women he works with that it was "cute." I should mention that it is a totally smokin' Ford Mustang. "Cute" should never be used to describe something as awesome as a Mustang. This led to a discussion about what cars are considered girlie cars and what cars are considered masculine cars. I have composed a list. Feel free to let me know how I did. These are not solid, just my general observations, obviously there are exceptions. Again, this is not a definitive list, I just didn't think that a Mustang should ever be labeled as "cute."

Girlie Cars

  • Volkswagen Jettas

  • Volkswagen Bugs (especially the new ones)

  • Mini Cooper

  • Geo Metro

Masculine Cars
  • Trucks in general, but especially white trucks.

  • Mustangs (Shelby especially)

  • Mazda 3

  • Anything with a "hemi" or diesel engine

  • PT Cruisers

  • Chevy HHR

Gender neutral cars

  • Toyota Corolla

  • Honda Civic

  • Honda Accord

  • Toyota Camry

No comments: