Friday, August 29, 2008

It's the Simple things really


I have stairs. It may seem like a silly thing to be so ecstatic about, but let me explain. The reason I am living in the house that I am right now is because when I needed to move it filled some of my criteria; it was still in the neighborhood, it was cheap, and I knew the people I was moving in with. Ever since I had befriended the girls in the house the sliding door to the backyard has been problematic. The distance between the bottom of the door and the ground was 1-1/2 feet, oh and did I mention there were no stairs? So up until recently there was a large steel utility chest that was a makeshift stair so that there was not such a drastic drop to the ground. Well sometime this last winter the landlord reclaimed the utility chest and so getting to the backyard has been interesting. I awoke a couple of weeks ago to the nauseating smell of cigarette smoke and the banging of hammers. Some men had come to give us stairs! When I came home after they were done it was great!! Not to mention it has been a great addition as far as seating goes for when we have BBQ's. It's the simple things in life really that give me the greatest joy. Riding in my car with the windows down and the radio on, waking up after a great night's sleep, laying on the grass at night to gaze at the stars. Isn't life grand?

No comments: