Monday, June 11, 2012

Enough Transplanting, I Want Roots!

I'm restless. I figured out the other day that in the past 10 years I have moved 11 times, had 15 roommates (not including when I have lived with family) 3 cars, 12 jobs (sometimes more than one at a time) 5 boyfriends (only one of which lasted longer than 3 months) and have been a member of 7 different single's wards.

At the age of 31 I can honestly say that I crave permanence. I want roots. There comes a time when a daily or weekly routine doesn't sound so awful. At least a routine could maybe help me find some balance. Right now I don't have great balance in my life, but that's another post entirely. I look forward to the day when I can go home to my own place; where I have made the decorating decisions and can leave my shoes by the door. Until then I can dream and save my money so that when the time comes, I can carve out my own little slice of heaven, a heaven with roots.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I come down in July we should go apartment shopping! you deserve to live in peace!