Sunday, February 3, 2008

Forget the Super Bowl, I Love Puppy Bowl!

I actually do enjoy watching football, but it has got to be college. Once you get into the NFL and AFC I get lost. I know that doesn't make sense since it's still football but I can't decide if I dislike it because it confuses me or if it's because of the attitude most pro players seem to have. I usually make an exception for the Super Bowl because it's also a fun social event as well.

This year however, I have found myself with a double dose of the conjunctevitis and a single dose of anti-social paranoia. So instead of indulging in the ridiculously over-hyped Super Bowl, I was flipping the channels and came upon literally the cutest show EVER in history. On Animal Planet they were broadcasting the Puppy Bowl IV (can you believe I missed the first 3?!) It's basically hours upon hours of adorable puppies playing with toy footballs in an "arena". They even take time out to introduce the different puppies and their stats. There was a water bowl at one end of the field that had a camera looking through the bottom so you could see the puppies drink. The puppies are given free reign unless it gets too rough and then a foul must be called and the puppies in question separated.

Maybe I was just feeling exceptionally sappy but I cannot describe the "cuteness" of this TV show. And of course there were the commercials for homeless pets and the like that pulled at your heart-strings. The whole thing made me want to see my parents dog, but then I realized I didn't want to drive that far and my dog is not a puppy. And after a while I realized that cute as it was I hadn't spoken to anyone at all in about 42 hours and was done with my self-imposed isolation. With limited options I went to an acquaintance's house where a Super Bowl party was in full swing. I still didn't watch a second of the game. Giants, Patriots whatever. Watching them will probably never be as entertaining and full of adorable things to look at as the Puppy Bowl.

1 comment:

Seagulljaap said...

"Single dose of anti-social paranoia"= Genius