Monday, February 25, 2008

Unfilled Shoes

Just as a side note, since leaving my previous occupation in November, I have become accustomed to having my weekends for leisure time. Previously I would get phone calls at all hours and have to go in to work and spend my "days off" at my place of employ. (with no compensation of course) I did not realize how lazy I had become until this weekend when I spent both Saturday AND Sunday in non-stop motion. I will just say that I am not a fan. Especially Sunday, it's supposed to be a day of rest right? To top it all off I have continued to receive phone calls from my previous employer to ask for "favors" or to run errands for my former patients. I feel a little guilty for purposely not answering the phone but I should just point out that a) I haven't worked there for almost 4 full months, b) the position is not vacant they did replace me, c) the actual patients have been calling me, which means someone gave them my cell phone number, and d) I DON'T WORK THERE. It is unfortunate that since my absence the staff is apparently unable/unwilling to fill the not so large shoes that I left behind. And people wonder why I left healthcare?

No comments: