Saturday, June 13, 2009

Surprises All Around!

This has been a week for surprises. First surprise came on Sunday when I received a phone call that I was not expecting. It was a good surprise though and perhaps more on the context and contents of that call later.

Second, I got a text last week from someone at my summer job stating that they had quit and good luck to me. This lead to my promotion to head cook.

Third, I was extremely worried about starting my new job this week as head cook at a camp for people with disabilities. Mostly because I AM NOT a morning person and I needed to be at work sometime between 5 and 6 a.m. depending on the day. And surprise! I have actually been able to make it there. I have been seriously exhausted especially because my days have ended up being 12 hours, but I can do it apparently!

Fourth, my phone decided that it had put me through enough misery after randomly deciding to vibrate on it's own without provocation for the last few months. My phone decided it would no longer charge which becomes problematic when the battery runs out. Luckily my sister has allowed me the use of her phone so I just switched SIM cards with her but also lost all my phone numbers.

Lastly, on a different note, I am a believer in things happening for a reason. Whether it's losing your job which leads you to another opportunity or a chance meeting with someone that reconnects you after years, I think that even bad things can be beneficial to life's experiences. They are not always pleasant at the time but it happens. Sometimes we lose touch with people because of life's twists and turns, or an argument or some kind of misunderstanding. However, the last surprise came because for some reason I have lost a dear friend. There was no argument, no gradual losing touch. I have seen this person and they have acted like we have never met. At the time that I met this person I felt an instant connection and have learned a lot from them. They helped me solidify some things in my life and realize that I don't have to hide who I am, even if people don't necessarily agree or understand, including my family and friends. I have no clue why I am being treated like a leper, and as much as it hurts, if this is the end of the friendship then there is nothing I can do about it. You cannot force someone to talk to you or acknowledge your presence. So if this is the end then I say to that friend, goodbye and farewell, your friendship will be missed. Thank you for everything you taught me.

No comments: