Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Trappings of the high class

So we all hear about how everything is different when you're rich and the perks that come with it. The fanciful stories of bathroom attendants and gold plated silverware. There is usually a difference in vocabulary when you are rich because it is assumed that you are also well educated. Yesterday I stumbled upon a difference in the road signs in rich neighborhoods. I was on my way to Park City and one of the places I was supposed to stop was in Jeremy Ranch. For those who don't know, Jeremy Ranch is a seriously rich and extravagant community a few miles from Park City. As I was navigating the neighborhood I came upon a road sign that was a very nice explanation that on the road ahead there were some "speed humps." Not speed bumps like everywhere else, but speed humps. The sign also went on to explain that the speed humps were an effort to keep traffic speed down. Sigh........ I have never come across an explanation road sign before. If we had road signs to explain the next road sign for everything there would be no end to the road signs. I guess that's something we of the underclass can be grateful for, we don't need everything explained to us in detail. The transportation department thinks we can figure it out on our own....... or they're to cheap to bother. If they are going to explain anything, I'd like them to start with an explanation of the I-80 reconstruction or the horrendous mess that has become 33rd south.

No comments: