Monday, March 3, 2008

Another sign of the Apocolypse

Tragic news friends. Arby's has discontinued their chicken finger strip thingies. I had heard rumors of it but had to go and see it for myself. I didn't see it on their menu but asked for it anyway and was told by the nice young man at the window that they no longer carry them. I expressed shock and disbelief and he asked me not to hate him. I promised not to hate him but only if he would let me try their new chocolate turnover. (My feminine wiles only work on those over the age of 70 or under the age of 18, this kid had to be at the most 17) Despite my obvious disappointment at losing such a treasured staple of my diet, I managed to find something else on their menu that would satisfy my carnivorous appetite. My concern is that does this mean I have to go to KFC for my fried chicken needs? While I do enjoy the occasional trip to KFC, I find it a little greasy and usually end up feeling like I ate a lead balloon. Whereas with Arby's chicken I ended up feeling full without wanting to lie down and sleep for 3 days. I tell you the disappearance of the Arby's chicken finger strip thingies and the fact that gas costs $3.19 a gallon for the cheap stuff just proves to me that Armageddon is on it's way and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I wonder if it's too late to start building that fallout shelter I have planned for under the shed out back?

No comments: