Monday, March 24, 2008

Things that MUST go!

My favorite radio station does a feature called things that must go, but mine never get chosen so I decided to vent a few of them here.

  • Drivers that don't turn their headlights on when it's snowing. I don't care if it's only 2 in the afternoon, it's dark and I can't see you!
  • People who scrape off only a tiny patch of snow of the rear window of their car. I know you learned about blind spots so don't make it worse by being an idiot.
  • The mail carrier not showing up until almost 7pm. Hire some more mail carriers! You charge enough for postage, there has got to be more money somewhere.
  • Drivers who act like they don't know that two lanes merge into one and whip past everyone else and expect to be let in at the last moment.
  • Concert attendees and movie goers that don't silence their phones.
  • Automated phone systems that don't let you type in your selection but make you speak it. I said 6 not 9. They don't sound anything alike!
  • Recorded sales calls. I answer the phone at work quite a bit and half the time it is someone telling me that we have been approved for some kind of small business loan. At the end of the recorded spiel they ask you to hold for the next available representative. Annoying!
  • Parents who call asking if their kid in college can have a summer job. Your child is in college, they can make the call themselves, I don't care if it's long distance we have an 800 number.
  • Unfunny people who upon learning my name ask if I drive real fast just because I happen to share the same name as an Indy racer. Guess what? I had the name first. And if that's how we're going to play, did you have a good time with Pocahontas, John Smith?
  • People who mispronounce my name AFTER I have already introduced myself to them. So basically what you are saying is that you weren't listening!
  • Road damage. I not only have to deal with I-80 reconstruction, but also a residential street that is so deteriorated by salt that I think magma might start to seep through, and a poorly covered railroad track that is like jumping a curb every time you go over it because the once smooth incline has chipped away. My tires are going to pop one of these days, I just know it.

For my list of songs that must go check out my other blog. Until next time, Ciao!

No comments: