Wednesday, March 26, 2008

When it rains it pours?

I don't necessarily like the analogy of when it rains it pours. For most people this phrase has a negative connotation to it. So I hesitate to use it, however I don't know how else to explain it. I happen to enjoy a good warm rain (as long as I didn't straighten my hair that day) I especially love the smell of wet concrete and dirt after it has rained. Everything smells new and fresh. Anyway the reason I mention it is that recently I have been going through a bit of a love life dry spell, and by a bit I mean 4 or 5 years (I stopped counting.) As Albert Einstein once said, "Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." In the spirit of undoing or healing my insanity I have made several attitude and lifestyle changes of late. The results have been shocking, because as I said before, when it rains it pours. The new turn of events has left me a little bewildered and unsure what to do next. Last time I dealt with this much "rain" was........... well, never. So I will grab my umbrella and hope that the rain helps something blossom. Preferably something hearty and long-lasting. One does get tired of planting seeds over and over again with little or no resulting blooms.

No comments: